- Cirie – in my opinion, to be a true great + one of the best to ever play, you need to be good at all elements of the game. of course Cirie is extremely likable and understandably a fan favorite. yes, she should absolutely be an inspiration to Survivor fans everywhere as motivation to get off the mf couch. and yes, she demonstrates an extremely strong social game, including using that likability factor to her advantage + a number of brilliant manipulation tactics, such as placing ideas into other peoples’ heads w/o them even realizing – but does she live up to all the hype? like i said, i think the best players are able to display a strong social game, BUT also need to have the ability to win challenges when they need to, in order to keep themselves safe in the game…. whether you can or can’t coast the whole way to the end the social-player way, it’s only one aspect – and for that reason… OVERRATED.
Andrea Boehlke – no idea why people stan this girl so hard…. the one time she tried to control the game it backfired + she was blindsided with an idol in her pocket….. also the whole “babysitting” shenanigans w/ Malcolm was so lame, booooo. she’s not as smart as she thinks she is – that’s all there is to it.
Amanda Kimmel – she only follows along with other peoples’ plans and whines and complains and has the dumbest big-eyed sad look on her face @ ALL TIMES. i was happy when i finally didn’t have to keep seeing that all the time… sheesh.😬 and the absolute pathetic grab at a clue (on the movie reward with Colby) girl… c’mon.
Ciera Eastin – yeah, yeah. she voted her mom out of the game in Blood vs. Water. anyone who stans for that reason, ru f-ing kidding me?! you’re telling me you wouldn’t vote your family member out of the game for $1 million?!?! it’s not like you have to run them over w/ a mf car or something, damn… also wasn’t impressed w/ the rest of her gameplay. you were a family member brought in, you’re not suddenly a Survivor expert, the tribe’s spoken – GTFO.
Sophie Clarke – to be fair, i liked her much more in Winners at War, but she didn’t deserve the win in her initial season….. by a long shot. just like Ozzy said, she did act like a whiny brat + rode Coach’s coattails to the end, so when Coach failed to live up to his word and take Ozzy to the finals… she just won by default. it was a very sad day for true fans. i just do not buy for a second she could have gone even half as far in the game as she did without all of Coach’s ideas, plans + manipulation of other players. kthxbyeeeee.
Overrated male players coming soon……. believe me, there will be a LOT. (are you so mad you already stopped reading + blocked me???? 😂)
J.T. Thomas – don’t think this one will be a shocker to anyone… i’m aligned w/ the pretty common belief that Stephen Fishback was the real strategy mastermind in Tocantins 😬 + his return in Heroes vs. Villains was an absolute mess (*cough, gave an idol to Russell, cough*) 🥴
Joe Anglim – simply a challenge beast who repeatedly fails to overcome his physical threat level w/ really any type of strategic move. relies too heavily on social game – doesn’t save him. 🙄
Woo Hwang – who takes Tony to the final 3??? hahahahhahaa 😩😂🤣 that’s it. that’s the entry.
Lex Van Der Berghe – really liked him in Africa. thought he’s a really smart strategist + overall great player, minus him being completely neurotic over receiving ONE mf vote (real Charlie Kelly ‘Pepe Silvia’ vibes – IFKYK 😂)… but then All Stars happened. made a complete fool of himself… backstabs his ally Colby, then his ally from his season (Ethan) + whines like a little baby when Boston Rob won’t sabotage his own game to try to save Lex from the chopping block. smdh.
Interesting note from Mario Lanza’s book, When It Was Worth Playing For:
Fallen Comrades – challenge where the players are asked trivia questions about the other players’/jury members’ personal info
In Season 3, Survivor Africa, the producers made a mistake –
Q: Which contestant doesn’t have any piercings?”
Kim: Kelly (correct)
Lex: Lindsay (actually also correct, but is told it’s the wrong answer)
It seems that producers were unaware Lindsay also did not have any piercings, but this mistake cost Lex, and also somewhat, Big Tom, their games. It was theorized that Big Tom + Lex were paid off and/or guaranteed spots in Season 8, All Stars, because of this.
This also ended the Fallen Comrades challenge for good – except that it had already been filmed in Marquesas, so we do see it one last time in Season 4. (Although in my opinion, it probably would’ve ended soon anyway since in Season 4, Vecepia wrote down everyone’s personal info in preparation for this challenge – that’d get old very quickly + also completely takes the challenge out of it).
- Last year, I felt 2 different types of guilt. I felt weighed down with a lot of regret about not putting in necessary time + effort toward my passion for the game/its history + my ultimate goal of playing Survivor. I talked about it to very few people, but the ones I let in I believe could tell how important this was to me + I imagine were surprised by the way my actions didn’t align with what I was saying. The other source of guilt that was weighing on me was how, having moved out on my own, I felt I was neglecting one of my most cherished relationships (w/ my dad) by getting swept up in work + other social obligations. Again, my words weren’t aligning with my actions, b/c I would speak so highly of him, but then why am I here + not there spending time w/ him instead? Shouldn’t that be priority over whoever I’m saying all this to? Well, say what you want about 2020 – this year allowed me to actually get to know myself + I believe that now shines through in my actions. I moved back home due to the pandemic + prioritized the things I truly value in life. I read all the Survivor books I had ordered on Amazon that had started to collect dust, I researched a lot about the show online + I got a lot closer w/ my dad watching all 40 seasons together. ✨
- Survivor makes me “dig deep” (as Jeff Probst says) in life + all that i do (running/work/etc.) – it motivates me to constantly push myself more.
- Helps me to remind myself to be more open to new opportunities. I think about WWSD? (What Would someone on Survivor Do?/What Would the Survivor version of myself Do?)
- It made me want to be a good person. It sounds silly, because you think most people probably already want that or should want that… 😬 but IDK – it wasn’t really something I thought about. I guess it actually first started when I really liked someone I went out w/ a few years ago + it didn’t work out, because I’ve always thought he’s a better person than me. He’s good. In the feelings for this person, I first thought – I want to be good too. + Survivor really solidified that in me through the emotional turmoil of many players, constant final 3 tribal morality disputes, etc. – helped shape me as a person.
- Interacting w/ the Survivor community/other Superfans online during quarantine/the pandemic has been really refreshing, energizing, supportive, motivating, etc. to me in many ways. TY all for that. ❤️
- Helped me to be more vulnerable (this post included)/to feel more okay w/ sharing more personal things than before – especially if I’m talking about the show w/ someone bc it leads to a lot of deep questions/conversation topics/emotional discovery discussions.
- It helps me to always see things from multiple perspectives + think about a problem or situation from all angles. I strategize better (even just in daily life) b/c it changed how i approach everything/anything.
- It’s helped me to become more reflective – to take time to take a step back + assess (and began to meditate daily). (being sober for ~10 months now too has helped enormously) ☁️
- Finally, (for now – I’m sure I’ll be adding more…) Survivor has inspired me to write more these past few months than all of 2018-2019 combined + I’ve considered myself a writer/thought of that as a key part of my identity for some time now (~2011), but dropped off the past few years when it was no longer a part of my job.
Colby = absolute perfection in my opinion – the whole mf package. Okay, first things first – this man is GORGEOUS. The dirty blonde hair. The chiseled face w/ the perfect amount of scruff. (don’t even talk to me about his cleaned up finalé look – we’re gonna ignore that… forever). The cowboy hat. The muscles. His entire body is immaculately toned. The pearly white teeth. HOW ARE HIS TEETH SO PERFECT?! But this is not just looks-based, ok – I’m not that shallow!
Colby is the OG Challenge Beast, who completely dominated Season 2 – Australian Outback. And he was a #humbleAF Challenge Beast, at that! (which the show really needs more of at this point…) So ok, in Heroes vs. Villains, he gets dog walked by Coach to the mat + it was not his proudest moment maybe, but how did he handle it? Colby didn’t start some spiteful revenge scheme against Coach, he didn’t whine + cry like a baby – he reflected on it in an emotionally healthy manner, acknowledging that he is much older than when he first played + he moved TF on b/c the game (and life) goes on! He never gives up.
Colby is intelligent, charming, funny, kind, responsible, honest, respectful, consistent, sure of himself and family-oriented w/ strong values + a big heart. How many seasons have people talked about INTEGRITY + how many people have actually proven to live that way inside + outside of the game? IDK, but Colby is 1. Colby listens to his internal compass of what is right + what is wrong + 10/10 times chooses the path that’s right (even if it costs him $1 million – C’MON PPL). Colby is chill as hell (ex: when on a reward outing, continues to eat popcorn + watch the movie that’s on, while the 2 girls in the room w/ him are literally fighting each other + screaming about a clue in the game – #unbothered). He’s also extremely focused, to the point of not letting any temptations, whether they be Jerri or Sugar, interfere w/ his game. 😂
Find me another man who has/is all of the above.^ I’ll wait… 👀
No seriously, why are you still reading this???? Go + find one for me, for real – i’m single af during a pandemic. k thx!
- Richard Hatch + Rudy Boesch
- Boston Rob + Amber Brkich
- Tony + Sarah – “Cops R Us”
- Sandra + Rupert
- Rupert + Rudy
- Wendall + Domenick
- Tai + Mark the Chicken
- Parvarti + Cirie – “Black Widow Brigade”