|1||Wendy – annoying af, don’t think she understood the game, 100% socially unaware|
|2||Shi-Ann – so conceited, not smart, socially unaware, rude, too emotionally reactive|
|3||Courtney – not good at anything, whiny, annoying af|
|4||Michelle – rides coattails, no strategy|
|5||Dean – a dumb idiot. period.|
|6||Dan Spilo – kicked off show for sexual harassment 🤬|
|7||Aubrey – whiny crybaby, sucks at challenges, not as smart/sneaky as she thinks|
|8||Colton – this one should be v obvious|
|9||Francesca – the 1st boot, not once, but 2X – LOL|
|10||Naonka – don’t think she ever understood the game, dumb af, obnoxious|
|11||Shamar – he should’ve really just quit when he wanted to 😑|
|12||Abi-Maria – don’t understand her gameplay, way too abrasive + rude|
|13||Brandon Hantz – no respect for women or the game, legit think he should be checked out by a psychologist – the kid’s got issues|
|14||Jenna Lewis – full of herself, not v smart, annoying|
|15||Sophie Clark – too self-righteous, came off like a stuck-up brat, crybaby|
|16||Amanda Kimmel – crybaby, delusional|
- Jonathan Penner – Arrested Development (S1/E21 – “Not Without My Daughter”) – he plays Detective Fellows. Other television appearances include Grapevine, The Naked Truth, Rude Awakening, Seinfeld (S9/E17 – “The Bookstore”), CSI, CSI: NY, The Tick, Melrose Place, LateLine + The Nanny. He also stars in the movie Let the Devil Wear Black (1999), which he wrote w/ his wife, Stacy Title (she also directed the film). He makes another appearance in the movie Down Periscope (1996) + Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993). Most recently, he wrote the screenplay for the 2017 horror film, The Bye Bye Man (and his wife directed it).
- Colby Donaldson – Curb Your Enthusiasm (S4E9)
- Jerri Manthey – Faith Hill’s music video for “Piece Of My Heart” (2009)
So I’m not like crazy into astrology by any means, but I’m not not into astrology at all + my curiosity got the best of me wondering if there were any trends in both/either the types of people who play Survivor (which I guess technically would really be more ‘types of people cast on Survivor’) and/or types of people who win Survivor.
🌎 Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn):
- grounded, loyal, sensual, patient, practical, good at accumulating wealth + tend to appreciate the finer things in life
- stubborn, inflexible, materialistic, sometimes lazy
🔥 Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius):
- passionate, bold, charismatic, creative, charming, confident + can obtain fame/fortune through their well-channeled signature intensity
- aggressive, selfish, vain, impulsive, quick-tempered + need to be the center of attention
💨 Air Signs (Libra, Gemini, Aquarius):
- sharp as a tack, highly rational, logical, terrific social skills + great communicators
- fickle, aloof + cold/unemotional
🌊 Water Signs (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio):
- sensitive, highly intuitive, deep, emotional, highly imaginative, very loyal + compassionate
- easily-hurt/take things too personally, moody + highly suspicious
Commentary/random thoughts I had while looking all this up:
Richard Hatch being an Aries was probably the least surprising to me out of everyone included here.
Parvarti being a Virgo shocked me – would’ve guessed Libra 1000000% – but she is right before the cutoff technically, so IDK how all that works, but my theory is that that because she’s right on the Virgo/Libra cusp, she outwardly displays many more Libra qualities. (You don’t need to be any kind of expert to know Libras are the biggest flirts in the zodiac 👀😬😂)
Tyson = Gemini – didn’t try to guess his before looking it up + I think this is fitting – very witty, extreme sarcasm, hard to read…
Jerry as a Virgo surprised me too – exactly the same as w/ Parv, would’ve also thought Libra 10000% because c’mon. lol.
Sarah Lacina – Libra (I would’ve guessed Aries… aggressive, v “take no sh*t” vibes)
Jeremy – Taurus (had a feeling he was for some reason) + Michelle – Taurus (felt like I saw this one coming a mile away too – maybe because this is my sign 👯♀️) I would’ve bet $$$ on Yau Man being a Taurus too, but now that I think about it, he did give away a car… nvm 😅
Aras – I was like OK finally a Libra in the mix + also explains him being v cute. k, next.
Terry – Libra – this one I knew!!!! IDK, had a feeling. That charm. The smile. Idk. I knew. 😉
End Results/What I Found: basically 🌎 Earth signs + specifically Capricorns DOMINATE.
|Player Name:||Zodiac Sign:|
|Boston Rob||🌎 Capricorn|
|Adam Klein||🌎 Capricorn|
|Richard Hatch||🔥 Aries|
|Sarah Lacina||💨 Libra|
|Kim Spradlin||💨 Aquarius|
|Yau Man||🌎 Virgo|
|Earl Cole||🔥 Aries|
|Tom Westman||🌎 Capricorn|
|Stephanie Lagrossa||🔥 Sagittarius|
|Nick Wilson||💨 Gemini|
|Natalie Anderson||🔥 Aries|
“Momentum is huge in this game – when you have it, you wanna keep it.”
“It’d be nice to have a million dollars and take the girl away too.”
“Amber + I as a team are the best able to adapt to certain situations.”
“I gave 110% every single day.”
“You should never take yourself too seriously.”
OK, let’s start w/ the basics. He can catch fish, start a fire + build a sick shelter. Jeff loves him, he’s 1/2 of the best Survivor couple of all time + a total mf challenge beast. (and not afraid to talk sh*t/even does impressions of other players – hilarious 💯🙌🏻😂)
You really see how big his heart is, underneath the conniving goofball exterior, in All Stars (S8) when he gives up his family video bc he decides to make a deal w/ Jeff to give his up so everyone else can have theirs. (can’t remember if this was the very first time this was ever done?!) He does admit it was a little* strategic, but only through genuine tears, adding “my family is the most important thing in the world.”
Again, his real emotions come out when Amber is swapped to the opposing tribe + he wears an A on his shoulder + even promises Lex protection in the game to keep Amber safe. Lex decides to make the deal w/ BR + upholds his end of the bargain, but is ultimately the first person voted out after the merge w/ BR explaining that he promised to protect him “if I could and I can’t.” #savage This type of exchange w/ the opposite team was the first of its kind/at least the first where anything ever came of it (and at least the first ever shown before) + it’s one of many ways BR is a groundbreaking Survivor player – he tries ideas that he thinks of which haven’t been done before – definitely a risk-taker + an example of creative problem-solving at its finest.
Also, one of my favorite moments is when Rob won a reward challenge + chooses Amber to go w/ him, which results in both of them winning brand-new cars + they get to lie down in the back of his new truck together + have snacks/candy + watch a movie. So sweet. 😍🥰❤️
On top of that, his go-to move in the social aspect of the game we see for the very first time as early as S4 Marquesas when he makes up bs/lies to get other people to fight w/ each other – this creates a rift in their relationship, leaving both parties relying more heavily on Rob as an ally in their games. GENIUS.
Jury Management – ugh, ok, personally, I think the jury members were wayyyy too hard on Rob + it sucked bc there have been other seasons where people adopt similar gameplay + the jury respects the crap out of them, accepts the fact that they were blindsided as “just part of the game” + admit to being outsmarted without holding resentment for that strategy. But spoiler alert – in the end, it doesn’t even matter. 😉 (will be adding some S22 – Redemption Island commentary here soon) 👀🤠
Want to know more? The Boston Rob Rulebook = essential Survivor reading.
- answering phone calls (actually don’t even do this already…)
- go out grocery shopping (actually also already quit months ago due to Covid)
- my own makeup (^see previous)
- my taxes (have done my own myself the past however many years, but math is not my strength + this would certainly complicate things a bit, I IMAGINE… *for now)
- my job (plz do not show this to my boss until I’m handed the check 😬)
- living at home – Zillow, here i come! 🤑🏡
& Things I WILL be doing after winning the million $:
(absolutely in no particular order)
- dogs – lots, lots more dogs 🐶
- a few tropical island vacations – loosen up these muscles, reduce inflammation, get a nice tan goin’, some vitamin D/serotonin boost 🏖
- new iPhone – have had a cracked screen for 1.5 years now after falling down running in the rain, smashing it + being too lazy to ever get it fixed 📱
- pay off my younger sister’s student loans + parents’ mortgage
- definitely pay someone to invest some of it for me – i’d have no idea what i’m doing, but i know enough to know you gotta make ur $ work for ya 😉🤑
- move TF out (obviously) – into my own place – who knows where 😎
- get my platinum blonde hair back 😍, more tattoos 💯
Colby = absolute perfection in my opinion – the whole mf package. Okay, first things first – this man is GORGEOUS. The dirty blonde hair. The chiseled face w/ the perfect amount of scruff. (don’t even talk to me about his cleaned up finalé look – we’re gonna ignore that… forever). The cowboy hat. The muscles. His entire body is immaculately toned. The pearly white teeth. HOW ARE HIS TEETH SO PERFECT?! But this is not just looks-based, ok – I’m not that shallow!
Colby is the OG Challenge Beast, who completely dominated Season 2 – Australian Outback. And he was a #humbleAF Challenge Beast, at that! (which the show really needs more of at this point…) So ok, in Heroes vs. Villains, he gets dog walked by Coach to the mat + it was not his proudest moment maybe, but how did he handle it? Colby didn’t start some spiteful revenge scheme against Coach, he didn’t whine + cry like a baby – he reflected on it in an emotionally healthy manner, acknowledging that he is much older than when he first played + he moved TF on b/c the game (and life) goes on! He never gives up.
Colby is intelligent, charming, funny, kind, responsible, honest, respectful, consistent, sure of himself and family-oriented w/ strong values + a big heart. How many seasons have people talked about INTEGRITY + how many people have actually proven to live that way inside + outside of the game? IDK, but Colby is 1. Colby listens to his internal compass of what is right + what is wrong + 10/10 times chooses the path that’s right (even if it costs him $1 million – C’MON PPL). Colby is chill as hell (ex: when on a reward outing, continues to eat popcorn + watch the movie that’s on, while the 2 girls in the room w/ him are literally fighting each other + screaming about a clue in the game – #unbothered). He’s also extremely focused, to the point of not letting any temptations, whether they be Jerri or Sugar, interfere w/ his game. 😂
Find me another man who has/is all of the above.^ I’ll wait… 👀
No seriously, why are you still reading this???? Go + find one for me, for real – i’m single af during a pandemic. k thx!
“There’s nobody out here that is honorable anymore – except for me.”
“Slay everyone, trust no one.”
“There’s power in weakness.”
- Ethan Zohn, winner of Survivor Africa – Season 3, returns for Winners at War – Season 40 + speaks about his blood cancer diagnosis + how funds raised through a charity he started actually helped find/develop the drug that saved his life. He says Survivor not only completely changed his life, it also saved it. This emotional scene on the Edge of Extinction demonstrates his true appreciation of life + shows his extreme passion + determination to survive both in + outside of the game.
- When Boston Rob suddenly collapses near camp + explains his passion for the game to Jeff through tears “I feel like… it’s getting the best of me… and I love + respect it too much…to not play, you know? I’m gonna win this game, dude, watch this.” 🥺😉
- Sabrina Thompson (teacher) thinking of her students: “I would love for the kids just to see this view––they see a few blocks of Brooklyn, that’s it + that’s all they aspire to see––so i hope they see that I took a chance + they’ll take a chance.”