|1||Wendy – annoying af, don’t think she understood the game, 100% socially unaware|
|2||Shi-Ann – so conceited, not smart, socially unaware, rude, too emotionally reactive|
|3||Courtney – not good at anything, whiny, annoying af|
|4||Michelle – rides coattails, no strategy|
|5||Dean – a dumb idiot. period.|
|6||Dan Spilo – kicked off show for sexual harassment 🤬|
|7||Aubrey – whiny crybaby, sucks at challenges, not as smart/sneaky as she thinks|
|8||Colton – this one should be v obvious|
|9||Francesca – the 1st boot, not once, but 2X – LOL|
|10||Naonka – don’t think she ever understood the game, dumb af, obnoxious|
|11||Shamar – he should’ve really just quit when he wanted to 😑|
|12||Abi-Maria – don’t understand her gameplay, way too abrasive + rude|
|13||Brandon Hantz – no respect for women or the game, legit think he should be checked out by a psychologist – the kid’s got issues|
|14||Jenna Lewis – full of herself, not v smart, annoying|
|15||Sophie Clark – too self-righteous, came off like a stuck-up brat, crybaby|
|16||Amanda Kimmel – crybaby, delusional|
- Jonathan Penner – Arrested Development (S1/E21 – “Not Without My Daughter”) – he plays Detective Fellows. Other television appearances include Grapevine, The Naked Truth, Rude Awakening, Seinfeld (S9/E17 – “The Bookstore”), CSI, CSI: NY, The Tick, Melrose Place, LateLine + The Nanny. He also stars in the movie Let the Devil Wear Black (1999), which he wrote w/ his wife, Stacy Title (she also directed the film). He makes another appearance in the movie Down Periscope (1996) + Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993). Most recently, he wrote the screenplay for the 2017 horror film, The Bye Bye Man (and his wife directed it).
- Colby Donaldson – Curb Your Enthusiasm (S4E9)
- Jerri Manthey – Faith Hill’s music video for “Piece Of My Heart” (2009)
Interesting note from Mario Lanza’s book, When It Was Worth Playing For:
Fallen Comrades – challenge where the players are asked trivia questions about the other players’/jury members’ personal info
In Season 3, Survivor Africa, the producers made a mistake –
Q: Which contestant doesn’t have any piercings?”
Kim: Kelly (correct)
Lex: Lindsay (actually also correct, but is told it’s the wrong answer)
It seems that producers were unaware Lindsay also did not have any piercings, but this mistake cost Lex, and also somewhat, Big Tom, their games. It was theorized that Big Tom + Lex were paid off and/or guaranteed spots in Season 8, All Stars, because of this.
This also ended the Fallen Comrades challenge for good – except that it had already been filmed in Marquesas, so we do see it one last time in Season 4. (Although in my opinion, it probably would’ve ended soon anyway since in Season 4, Vecepia wrote down everyone’s personal info in preparation for this challenge – that’d get old very quickly + also completely takes the challenge out of it).
Follow me on TikTok! 🤠🏝🌎 @SurvivorCourt 🌈🌞✨
So I’m not like crazy into astrology by any means, but I’m not not into astrology at all + my curiosity got the best of me wondering if there were any trends in both/either the types of people who play Survivor (which I guess technically would really be more ‘types of people cast on Survivor’) and/or types of people who win Survivor.
🌎 Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn):
- grounded, loyal, sensual, patient, practical, good at accumulating wealth + tend to appreciate the finer things in life
- stubborn, inflexible, materialistic, sometimes lazy
🔥 Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius):
- passionate, bold, charismatic, creative, charming, confident + can obtain fame/fortune through their well-channeled signature intensity
- aggressive, selfish, vain, impulsive, quick-tempered + need to be the center of attention
💨 Air Signs (Libra, Gemini, Aquarius):
- sharp as a tack, highly rational, logical, terrific social skills + great communicators
- fickle, aloof + cold/unemotional
🌊 Water Signs (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio):
- sensitive, highly intuitive, deep, emotional, highly imaginative, very loyal + compassionate
- easily-hurt/take things too personally, moody + highly suspicious
Commentary/random thoughts I had while looking all this up:
Richard Hatch being an Aries was probably the least surprising to me out of everyone included here.
Parvarti being a Virgo shocked me – would’ve guessed Libra 1000000% – but she is right before the cutoff technically, so IDK how all that works, but my theory is that that because she’s right on the Virgo/Libra cusp, she outwardly displays many more Libra qualities. (You don’t need to be any kind of expert to know Libras are the biggest flirts in the zodiac 👀😬😂)
Tyson = Gemini – didn’t try to guess his before looking it up + I think this is fitting – very witty, extreme sarcasm, hard to read…
Jerry as a Virgo surprised me too – exactly the same as w/ Parv, would’ve also thought Libra 10000% because c’mon. lol.
Sarah Lacina – Libra (I would’ve guessed Aries… aggressive, v “take no sh*t” vibes)
Jeremy – Taurus (had a feeling he was for some reason) + Michelle – Taurus (felt like I saw this one coming a mile away too – maybe because this is my sign 👯♀️) I would’ve bet $$$ on Yau Man being a Taurus too, but now that I think about it, he did give away a car… nvm 😅
Aras – I was like OK finally a Libra in the mix + also explains him being v cute. k, next.
Terry – Libra – this one I knew!!!! IDK, had a feeling. That charm. The smile. Idk. I knew. 😉
End Results/What I Found: basically 🌎 Earth signs + specifically Capricorns DOMINATE.
|Player Name:||Zodiac Sign:|
|Boston Rob||🌎 Capricorn|
|Adam Klein||🌎 Capricorn|
|Richard Hatch||🔥 Aries|
|Sarah Lacina||💨 Libra|
|Kim Spradlin||💨 Aquarius|
|Yau Man||🌎 Virgo|
|Earl Cole||🔥 Aries|
|Tom Westman||🌎 Capricorn|
|Stephanie Lagrossa||🔥 Sagittarius|
|Nick Wilson||💨 Gemini|
|Natalie Anderson||🔥 Aries|
FINALLY, after months of waiting for them to be back in stock… I was able to order 2 Survivor Season 40 Winners at War BUFFs. I could not be any more excited!!! I can finally look like a player on the show + now they can also serve an additional purpose if worn as a face mask! 🤠😷
(just listing a few for now – planning to keep adding to this)
- Alecia Holden – Alecia is a wildly underrated player from Survivor: Kaôh Rōng. It was really, reallyyyy tough to watch 2 grown men (one of whom has a young daughter + should be ashamed of himself for not being a better role model) straight up bully her just because she’s blonde + a woman. Jason and Scot were consistently disrespectful from the very beginning by choosing to call her “Blondie” instead of her name + repeatedly put her down by ridiculing both her mental + physical abilities –– yet SHE IS THE ONE TO MAKE FIRE FOR THE TRIBE. She was the only one unwilling to give up on this task, while the “men” laid in the shelter for several hours. I wholeheartedly believe Alecia not only could have, but would have gone a lot further in the game had she either been placed on a tribe other than Brawn (in the same season) or cast for a different season than Scot + Jason.
- Corinne Kaplan – Corinne is one of the smartest, funniest and most clever + entertaining women to ever play. I think she got too bad of a rap than deserved in the Gabon season for a few ‘harsh’ comments, but to me, she’s easily one of the most relatable players w/ a “tell it like it is” attitude that was really refreshing to see in a game oversaturated w/ subtle manipulation. All I could think while watching her scheme was “I’m not sure if I’d want to play with her (out of pure intimidation), but I 100% want to be her best friend – we’d get along.” (and I really never say that about anyone!)
- Jay Starett – Although I was a Michaela fan as well, the blindside he led against her was a big move, especially considering that they were currently in an alliance, indicating a turning point of the game in the Millenials vs. Gen X season. This move alone would be enough to make his game respectable, but he also won challenges, found an immunity idol + played a strong strategic game. (also, one of the most genuine players to ever play the game in my opinion, or at least came off that way to those watching at home)
- Janet Carbin – As the oldest woman on her tribe, Janet was inevitably going to have a rough time staying in the game, but proved her worth immediately when she was the first person to make fire for her tribe! As if that wasn’t already impressive, Janet absolutely nailed the first few challenges utilizing her lifeguarding skills, when she got her tribe a huge lead by hooking their rope around a target on her first attempt + then showed her extremely strong swimming ability as she kept pace with an Olympian! Janet was also the first person to be wise enough not to take Boston Rob + Sandra’s offer on Island of the Idols because she took the time to analyze all possible outcomes instead of immediately jumping in + blindly agreeing the deal. Janet was able to get along with every person on her tribe + has that special ability to mesh well w/ all types of people in the world – that’s one of the biggest signs that someone has what it takes to be the sole survivor. I love how caring, thoughtful + well-spoken she is – I would feel very lucky to have her on my tribe to weather the storm that this game is with – also, her beautiful tribal council speech about gender equality brings me to tears every time. (begins @ 4:51)
- Clarence Black – yes, he blows his entire game almost immediately (2x) when he 1) takes 2 cherries while everyone else only takes 1 from the can the tribe’s sharing + 2) splits a can of beans with another player who’s not feeling well while the rest of the tribe is off getting water + says he only opened it for the sick person, but really incriminates himself by also eating the other 1/2 of the can. however – had he not been trying to get back in the good graces of the tribe, I think he would’ve beaten Theresa in the challenge where they had to hold their arm over their head or a bucket of water would drop – but he made a deal w/ Theresa/the tribe to let her win immunity for a promise of safety for that night’s tribal + for a food reward right then + there. i think he could’ve gone a lot farther + been a really strong player if he had just held out right at that moment. he’s also one of my funniest Survivor moments (5:40)– “I’ve talked to each of those chickens personally and I’ve informed them that they’re on notice.”
- Dreamz – won the final immunity in Survivor Fiji, which made him the first ever African American male to make it to day 39 in the game. when he went back on his deal w/ Yau Man (Yau Man gave Dreamz a truck he won in a reward challenge in exchange for Dreamz to promise to give Yau Man the immunity necklace at final 4 – if he won), i believe it was Dreamz just purely acting out of self-interest (not selfishly – because he was thinking of his young son + giving him a better life), but who could blame him??? he tells us all about the way he grew up + how he was homeless for awhile, so i think his mindset wouldn’t allow him to give up a shot at the million because any chance > no chance. i think he just lacked social game. i felt that the pain in his face was true, raw emotion that wouldn’t be there if he had been strategizing or calculating – pure human internal struggle all over his face.
What is first important to understand is how Dreamz grew up and the realities that he lived through. Never before had Survivor cast a person who had been actually homeless for parts of his life. Dreamz grew up in legitimate poverty and without many chances to breakthrough those financial struggles that were holding him down. It should be no surprise that Dreamz had never owned a car because in his everyday life, there was no way he could have afforded to buy one when he was more worried about finding food and shelter. For many people a car is just something everybody owns and uses, for someone in Dreamz’s situation, a car is a pipe dream of luxury.https://medium.com/a-tribe-of-one/boulevard-of-broken-dreamz-38624fd0cfea